So, I made a yara rule a while back based on some suspicious phishing nonsense I found in some open (unauthenticated + file directory listing enabled) cloud storage buckets. I decided only recently to see if I could do some public hunting with these. One possibility was on hybrid analysis. After just a few days, I have 9 detections already found. The YARA rule is hosted on my github ( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ferasdour/SpecialYaraRules/refs/heads/main/Bucket%20Phishing%20Kits.yar ) but basically it's like this (notations added for this post): rule phishingKits3 { meta : description = "PhishingKits3: This was found in multiple phishing kits hosted on open/unauthenticated S3 buckets." author = "ferasdour" strings : $s1 = "https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/" ascii // adds jquery $s2 = "https://code.jquery...
When casually doing what I like to do and scanning the open air for fun and profit, I found something rather peculiar. In today's world an unencrypted wireless network is pretty rare as it allows risks of spoofing, mitm, and various exploitation techniques which may be hard to defend against in courts. Many businesses offering wifi to it's customers stopped doing so because they couldn't maintain appropriate logging to prove when someone did something they shouldn't or which user it was. Captive portals weren't very affective and that was before iam services like keycloak were popular. So to see one in 2026 seemed a little bit wild. When anything is "open" the data is shared unencrypted over the air. This can be sniffed and accessed by anyone passing by, and in the right, or I guess wrong, scenarios it can actually be mitm or spoofed without actually associating to the wifi network. This was the premise that created wep, then w...
CozyHosting Intro: I went to start another HTB system and figured this would be a good one to write up. I know there are other writeups on this, and from what I've seen, I think I can put together something better to follow. So, lets dig in. Recon: I started with nmap, I have nmap aliased which is basically setting mynmap to "nmap -sS -sV -Pn -p1- --open -sC -oN nmap" which I have setup this way so I can create a folder for the htb challenge, enter the folder, and then nmap from there. saving my file for reference later. This does miss some udp stuff and things like that, so it's not the best scanning, but it's sufficient in most cases to give me an advantage A few other starter things I like to do is start dirb and eyewitness to go grab a picture of the site. Lets not forget to go ahead and get some whatweb detection goodness. So far we've only found login and admin pages, think I'm gonna try to run FFUF to see what else we can find while we investigate ...
Comments
Post a Comment